Saturday 28 July 2012

Abdullah Qureshi - One of the diamonds in the rough !


Music is considered to be a pure form art that has been racing through ages, in cultures and civilizations. Just as the globe is wrapped with traditions and philosophies that have been representing and symbolizing the nations, music casts the same effect. If we peek over to the western side, music there has a different language, it has beats and rhythm that are not seen in many parts of the world, tough they are still heard and the quality is appreciated. 
Subcontinent has a unique genre of its own that stretches back to generations and to the pioneers of the art which were gifted to us in the form of Mehdi Hassan and Nusrat Fatah Ali Khan. As time raced the definition of music and signing has changed but the love and admirers have definitely grown, and so the art.

This week we were overwhelmed as the guest was none other than ‘Abdullah Qureshi’ himself. We value your time and thank you to be a part of ‘Samyy Writes’.
I was not sure at first about the singer being known over Middle East, and writing this down but as ‘Tere Liye’ was launched it became a hit over the networking sites. The composition received 50,000 views in mere 11 days and the fan – following was aggrandized over the voice perfectly weaving with the chords. 
Initially the band was labeled as ‘Aghosh’ and in those years instead of being the lead singer he played as the lead guitarist. ‘I had released my covers under my own name so my band members thought that we should finish Aghosh and work under the name "Abdullah Qureshi" as I gained a little recognition because of my YouTube covers.’ That little recognition over the days has turned up to a total of 1000 subscribers and 10,000 fans over the Facebook page. 

He himself is a self-taught musician. Abdullah at a tender age of 5 years raised his voice and tested his skills. He then at his 12th birthday was gifted a guitar by his parents. ‘I took some beginner guitar lessons but then I  learnt the rest of the stuff myself, from the internet etc. Nothing is hard if you really want to do it, I think I managed to learn music on my own because I was passionate about it.’

Moving on, he admitted to the fact that he was deeply inspired by the bands of the time and quoted a few names ‘Vital Signs, Junoon and Shehzad Roy’, ‘ I wanted to be like them and do what they have done!’.
For him the world of fans and followers have always been at large, Abdullah Qureshi over the questionnaire said that he had his utmost support from friends, family and fans. He also explained that all of this was a journey; it was not like the sun shone over them the next day. It took years and hard work for them to achieve this level and fame. 
On asking that will he be joining the singing industry for good in the coming years, he replied ‘I don't want to be a full time musician, I just want to complete my academics first and then set my priorities.’
Well from our side we wish you the very best of luck in any industry that you choose. But believe it or not the talent bleeds and the fans are looking for so much more from the artist.

Link:





2 comments:

  1. Cool celebrity profiling :) !

    I love this guy's song Tere Liye :)

    ReplyDelete