Thursday 23 August 2012

Rapid Fire with Gaity Atiq


Surfing Facebook, I spotted ‘Kooky’. A brand that has rapidly getting famous around the nation. Kooky has been known for its customizable cushions, party favors and the prompt services. So this week I got a few questions ready for Gaity Atiq – the founder and owner of Kooky. Listed below is the conversation that took place:

1.First of all the cushions are amazing! Tell us how did you start the whole thing? Was this a whole pre-planned sort of an idea or this just popped up?
Thank you so much for the appreciation. I have just started, I really don’t know how but it started with  some family motivation, plus I always wanted to do something different and unique...so there it was.

2.Have you ever taken a short – course or earned a degree in designing soft – furnishings? Or something close to Arts probably?
No I haven’t taken any courses yet…I am actually a banker by profession. Before this I was into Dress designing and I launched a brand labeled ‘Ayesha –Gaity’, this was in collaboration with a friend but then she moved abroad. I hardly had enough time on my hands to cope up with the business alone.

3.Kooky is getting famed everyday… How do you feel about that? And where would you like to see it?
Oh it feels great! I have not priced the cushions high… I want them to be accessible for the masses. It’s the love of designing and creativity that I am into it...and I love every moment of it.  I want 'kooky' to be established as a brand that can customize just about anything for the customers.

4.The name ‘Kooky’…where did that came from?
This was actually my first nickname…my grandfather used to call me that...it’s in his fondest memories that I have kept it... he is sadly no more... so in his honor its 'kooky' !

5.Are there more products that you would be introducing in the coming seasons? Or you will stick to the cushions?

Actually i am doing some other products also, like personalized goody bags. I have some imported favors and favor pails that i am offering.  In future i will be starting wedding, bridal shower and baby shower favors, they will all be customized, Inshallah. Plus a lot of other embroidered stuff are also coming up which I’m not disclosing right now.

Link:
Kooky Facebook Page!


No comments:

Post a Comment